Current policy and admission procedures 


If you have been refused a place at Woodhouse Academy and you are dissatisfied with the school place offered, you have the right to lodge a formal appeal against this decision to an Independent Appeals Panel. 

Please follow the link below for more information:

In year admisisons

If you wish to apply for a school place mid-term (due to moving home, wanting to attend the same school as a sibling for example), you need to do this via the Staffordshire County Council website.

Please ensure you have discussed with the headteacher at your child's current school about moving. In addition, please contact the school you are applying to before submitting the application. This ensures you are making the right decision and that the school can meet your child's needs.

If you want to apply to change schools during the academic year, or your child is living in Staffordshire and does not currently have a school place, please view the information here 

You will then need to complete the in-year application form. Section 4 of this form needs to be completed by your child's current school before you send this in to our school reception either by hand or via email to

Our school office will then email School Admissions to process the application and arrange for a school tour with one of our Senior Leaders.

Lastly, we will let you know if your application has been sucessful and your child has received a place with us. 

Files to Download

Contact the School

Woodhouse Academy

Woodhouse Lane,